So I’ve never been a resolution type of gal. I’ve made ’em. And I’ve ditched ’em. Lately, I’ve decided to ignore them altogether. Living with a chronic disorder teaches you to hold the future with loose hands, but that’s not necessarily a bad perspective to have.
Maybe you’ve got that same perspective? Maybe you know too well the uncertainty of what shape this year will take and declaring resolutions feels shaky at best. Or maybe you’ve let go of them already because good grief, life is just crazy!
I’ve been in both places. And that’s why I want to share with you the three questions I am asking over anything I am considering for 2019…instead of trying to stick to a resolution.
- Is it glorifying to God? If it doesn’t pass this one, it doesn’t need to be considered.
- Is it valuable to those around me: my family, my church, or my community? This 100% includes you. I want what I do here to be valuable for you.
- Is it sustainable for me and my family? There are a ton of things I want to do, but working with a limited energy supply challenges your to-do list. If I can’t keep it up or if it places too big of a burden on my family, it’s not healthy for anyone.
I’ve mulled over those questions for quite some time, even before the ball dropped a
And I want you to be a part of it.
Reading God’s Word daily is how I live with courage. The wisdom found in Scripture is the perspective I need when things don’t make sense.
It’s a wonderful habit, but I’ll be the first to admit that it can be challenging. Where do you start? What do you read? How do you understand it? And how do you apply something written 2,000+ years ago to my life in 2019?
That’s why I’ve created a private Facebook group so we can answer those questions together. Some of you are already members there, but if you’re not I’d love for you to join me.
What will you get in the group?
- daily reading plans to keep you on track
- study aids to help you understand what you are reading
- meaningful community with like-minded women
- a protected, private space to share thoughts, prayers, and questions
All of it is aimed to keep you in God’s Word, daily. Want in? Simply click the button below and request to join. I’ll see you in the group.
PS – not on Facebook, but want to participate in another way? Not to worry. Sign up via email below and I’ll keep you in the loop.