As a visitor to The Rescued Letters, your privacy is important to me. Here’s what happens with your information when you visit these pages:
The I-Didn’t-Go-To-Law-School Version
If you subscribe to The Rescued Letters, I collect your email address (and your first name if you provide it) through a third party email service provider. I do this so that I can send you cool stuff that no one else gets to see. I won’t ever spam, sell, or do anything weird with your email address.
There may be third party advertisers, affiliates, and companies which utilize cookies to provide advertisements and products that you might be interested in. Sadly, internet cookies are not a sweet treat. Instead they are little love notes that web servers send to your web browser when you visit a site. Your browser keeps the love note on your computer’s hard drive and then sends it back to the web server when you visit more sites. It’s like passing that note to your 5th grade crush all over again. But instead of helping you confirm that your crush actually likes you, internet cookies help the internet work for you by delivering content that you’ll appreciate and return to.
Your IP address (it’s like a mailing address for your computer) and other information (like the day and time of your visit) is tracked for the purpose of understanding trends and assisting me in providing the most helpful content for you.
You’ll also find links to other sites here that I can’t control. They’ll have their own privacy policies and I can’t control those either. Rats.
Everything privacy-related here at TheRescuedLetters.com is common to sites across the internet. I try to follow the crowd in that way.
The I-Got-Someone-In-Legal-To-Help-Me-With-My-Privacy-Policy Version
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletters, register on the site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name and email address, and also credit card information if purchasing a product from TheRescuedLetters.com. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
TheRescuedLetters.com may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site: We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process transactions: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
TheRescuedLetters.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. This policy was generated using PrivacyPolicies.com
This document was last updated on January 24, 2017.