Hi there! Welcome to The Rescued Letters!
I’m Heather. I’m an author, speaker, and Bible teacher. I’m also a survivor of Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a genetic connective tissue disorder that makes blood vessels, arteries, and organs prone to spontaneous rupture. I help women find the courage to live by faith, even when (especially when) they don’t like their story. I think it takes great courage to face this broken world. I know this because I face it every day with a terminal, incurable disorder.
So my goal is to help you trust in God, face your greatest fears, and choose life, especially when life presents its most difficult circumstances. To do that, I speak and teach at women’s events, write and teach Bible studies, post encouraging things here on the blog and to my VIP email peeps, and serve as a regular contributor for Journey magazine.
To me, living with courage looks like putting two feet on the floor in the morning when you don’t like your story. You too? Let’s do it together by clinging to God’s grace.
What You’ll Find Here
Topics covered at The Rescued Letters include:
- managing anxiety
- coping with chronic illness
- courageous living
- Christian living
- bucket-list living
- studying God’s Word
- information about Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- a wee bit of Disney fun because well…it’s my happy place and I’m a big fan of things that make your soul sing
- basically, anything I think might give you a pep talk to go out there and do your life
Let’s get to know each other
Good things come to those who….
Study the Bible with me
Book me to speak at your event
Shop online to support The Rescued Letters
Top Posts and Series at The Rescued Letters
- One of the most important things having an incurable disorder has taught me: The one thing I want you to know about Jesus
- If you struggle with anxiety: 31 Days to Battling Anxiety with Biblical Truth
- My favorite Bible studies: 4 Bible Studies to Help You Battle Anxiety
- Ten of my favorite verses: 10 Verses to Pray When It Feels Like Your World is Falling Apart
- What you should know about why I teach the Bible: Rescued Letters: Rediscovering the Bible as a Love Story Written for You
- An ongoing walk through my journey to a diagnosis of Vascular Ehlers-Danlos: Heather’s Story
How can I be praying for you?
I’m so glad you are here. Take a look around and make yourself at home. But I’d love to hear from YOU! How can I be praying for you? Let me know here.