I’d love to speak at your Christian women’s event and offer Biblical encouragement, inspirational pep talks, and practical tools for courageous living as we point women to Jesus. Scroll to the bottom of this page for booking info and to request my full speaker packet.
Heather M. Dixon understands living with a story that isn’t easy. As her powerful testimony reveals, there’s no reason she should be here today, and yet God’s Word has carried her through some of the scariest, and most wonderful, moments in her life. That’s why she is so passionate about teaching the Bible and encouraging women in their faith. To do that, Heather speaks at women’s events across the country, encouraging them to face their fears and choose life and joy, especially when life is challenging.
-Susan Salley, Associate Publisher of Abingdon Women/Ministry Resources, Abingdon Press
2020 Speaking Engagements:
- February 7 – 8, 2020: ARISE: Inspired for Life Conference, Church of the Resurrection, Leawood KS
- February 17, 2010: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church, Determined Bible Study
March 28, 2020: Amelia Christian Church, Clayton NC – POSTPONED, to be rescheduled at a later date
- April 7, 2020: Kathi Lipp & Cheri Gregory Intern Training, online
May 2, 2020: Huguenot Road Baptist Church Spring Women’s Event, North Chesterfield VA – POSTPONED, to be rescheduled at a later date September 18 – 20, 2020: Penn York Wesleyan Ministries Ladies Retreat, Watkins Glen NY – POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
- October 4, 2020: ASPIRE Women’s Event, Hermitage PA
- October 16 – 18, 2020: ASPIRE Women’s Events
November 14, 2020: ASPIRE Women’s Events, York PA / 2 shows: 1:30pm and 6:00pm– POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 November 15, 2020: ASPIRE Women’s Events, Plum PA– POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
- December 4, 2020 – ASPIRE Christmas Women’s Event, Phoenix AZ
Heather is a natural teacher with a passion for learning, knowing, and teaching God’s Word that touches your heart. She does a great job making connections throughout the Bible to solidify what the Lord wants us to know.
-K. Knight, Event Attendee
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- November 2016: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church Ladies Banquet, Raleigh NC | testimony
- January 2017: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC| testimony
- June 2017: Emmaus Baptist Church Embrace Fellowship, Pittsboro NC
- July-August 2017: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church, Summer Bible Study Series, Raleigh NC | Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown
- January 2018: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC | session keynote
- February 2018: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church M.O.M.S., Raleigh NC
- March 2018: Connection Ministries, Raleigh NC
- April 2018: Unity Baptist Church Ladies Luncheon, Youngsville NC | keynote
- June 4, 2018: Camp Oak Hill Staff Training
- September 8, 2018: Women’s Retreat, Harman Memorial Baptist Church, Grundy VA
- October 2, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Jacksonville FL | keynote
- October 7, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Woodstock GA | keynote
- November 5, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Nashville TN | keynote
- November 9, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Raleigh NC | panel
- November 10, 2018: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church Ladies Banquet, Raleigh NC | keynote
- January 25-27, 2019: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC | testimony & workshop leader
- February 15, 2019: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church M.O.M.S., Raleigh NC
- March 2, 2019: Freedom Biker Church Biker B.A.B.E.S. Women’s Conference, Clayton NC | session keynote
- March 11, 2019: Connection Ministries, Raleigh NC
- May 4, 2019: Brentwood United Methodist Church Woven Women’s Conference, Brentwood TN
- May 13, 2019: Designed for Joy: Legacy of Love Event, Raleigh NC
- May 16, 2019: Private Event, Raleigh NC
- May 20, 2019: Private Event, Raleigh NC
- June 5, 2019: Camp Oak Hill Staff Training
- June 27, 2019: Camp Oak Hill Leadership
- August 23, 2019: Primrose School, Raleigh NC
- September 10, 2019: Crossroads Fellowship Church MOPS Group, Raleigh NC
- September 12, 2019: Falls Church Anglican, Falls Church VA
- September 21, 2019: Triangle Grace Church, Durham NC
- September 27, 2019: Bethlehem Baptist Church, Knightdale NC
- October 4, 2019: She Found Joy National Tour, Raleigh NC | Keynote
- October 12, 2019: Beloved Women’s Conference, Raleigh NC | Workshop Leader
- October 18, 2019: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church M.O.M.S., Raleigh NC
- November 9, 2019: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church Ladies Banquet, Raleigh NC | keynote
Sample Speaking Topics:
Surviving and Thriving Through Seasons of Change
A coping mechanism that actually works for faithfully navigating change. Motherhood, thy name is change. Once we think we’ve got something figured out, our kids change and we’ve got to learn something new all over again. The same can be said when we are forced to adjust to circumstantial changes in our lives. Change is challenging. These three promises from God’s Word will keep us grounded when the winds of change are blowing wild around us. *this message specifically crafted for MOPS and MOMS groups
Pack Lightly, Get Ready, and Go
What one non-Pinteresty verse teaches us about God’s will for our lives in seasons of motherhood. We’ll meet a group of believers who were asked to put on their big-girl-britches even though they didn’t like their story at the moment. After we apply God’s instructions for them to struggles that every mother faces, we’ll walk away with hope and encouragement for the day-to-day blessings and challenges that come with the task of raising humans. *this message specifically crafted for MOPS and MOMS groups.
Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown
God’s plan for the woman who knows the battle is coming but refuses to leave the front line. The phone call in the middle of the night. The diagnosis you don’t think you can face. The ministry you don’t think you are strong enough for. The unknown beckons for us all, but it doesn’t have to be paralyzing. As we dive into the opening chapter of Joshua together, we’ll discover seven promises and three commands from God for courageous living. The good news is that the wisdom found here will prepare you for the battle, but it will also prepare you for His blessing. Hope lies on the other side of our readiness.
Becoming a Legacy-Making Woman
Three lessons we can apply today from an everyday woman who made Biblical history. If you have a pulse, you have a purpose. And if you love Jesus, you’ll want to leave a legacy for Him with your time here on earth. As we get to know one of my favorite women of the Bible, we’ll confront the lie that we are not worthy of influence and we’ll follow her lead to make a kingdom impact for Christ.
Walking on Water in the Fourth Watch of the Night
Embracing a courageous faith in the storms of life. Nothing good happens in the fourth watch of the night. That is, of course, unless you are bold enough to walk on water. But the only way we’ll do that is to keep our eyes on Jesus. Together, we’ll look at Peter’s choices in the middle of a storm to find that courage has little to do with earthly bravery and everything to do with heavenly focus. And we’ll learn the promise that is found for those who are brave enough to step out of the boat.
RETREATS & WORKSHOPS
Battling Anxiety with Biblical Truth
Combining tangible tools with Biblical truths to feel better and live our lives well. We’ll look at what God says about anxiety and then we’ll discover the one detail I learned from my yoga-teaching days that forever changed the way I viewed God’s breath. And yes, the breath matters when it comes to battling anxiety. I’ve made a living teaching others how to cope with anxiety and as someone living with a terminal disorder, I’ve also struggled with it personally. When you combine the physical strategies I’ve learned along the way with the power of God’s Word, the battle with anxiety can be waged with confidence. You’ll leave with Biblical encouragement for dealing with anxiety as well as practical tools for managing it.
Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown
God’s plan for the woman who knows the battle is coming but refuses to leave the front line. The phone call in the middle of the night. The diagnosis you don’t think you can face. The ministry you don’t think you are strong enough for. The unknown beckons for us all, but it doesn’t have to be paralyzing. As we dive into the first three chapters of Joshua together, we’ll discover the promises and commands from God for courageous living. We’ll also learn the key truths about His character that enable us to walk boldly unto the unknown. The good news is that the wisdom found here will prepare you for the battle, but it will also prepare you for His blessing. Hope lies on the other side of our readiness.
Determined: Living Like Jesus in Every Moment
Learning from the example set by Jesus to embrace determined living. Imagine waking up every single day convinced that the twenty-four hours ahead of you are a precious gift to be used wisely. Now imagine that you know exactly how to spend them to be a force for God’s good. We should want to make every moment count—not only because we aren’t guaranteed the next one, but also because this is exactly how our Savior spent His time here on earth. As we dive into key selections from Luke, we’ll intimately connect with a Savior who remained laser-focused on His mission to love the world. In return, we’ll receive a model for intentional living that we can replicate to ensure we are living each day to the fullest and making a difference for God’s kingdom.
Read the Bible, Be Ready for Life.
Where to start when you want to read God’s Word. Anxiety and I are friends. Why? Because I face every day with an incurable genetic disorder that promises major medical events. The one thing that helps me face that with peace is reading the Bible daily. God’s Word has the power to cut through a mind that won’t turn off and a heart that feels too tender when I can’t make sense of things. So maybe you want to read the Bible too, but you’ve got questions: Where do I start? What do I read? How do I understand it? And how do I apply something written 2,000 years ago to my life in 2019? I’ve got answers for you. Together, we’ll look at tips for reading the Bible, staying in it consistently, and using it as a powerful tool to strengthen and encourage us every day. Reading the Bible doesn’t have to be complicated, but it will make you ready for whatever you are facing in life.
Talk with me about creating a custom and personalized message specific to your group’s needs.
Biblically sound, poured over in prayer and certain to challenge you to dig deeper into your faith walk, Heather took us on a journey through the first few chapters of Joshua. The journey began with her own story, which is so very inspirational, but she invited us in to make it our own “march” in discovering the courage available to each of us as individuals through the love and promises of our Heavenly Father.
K. Cole, Event Attendee
To receive my speaker information packet or to inquire about having me come speak at your women’s event, please fill out the form below and allow 24 hours for a response.
Heather M. Dixon is an author, speaker, and Bible teacher who understands living with a story that is not easy. Diagnosed with an incurable and terminal genetic disorder that she inherited from her mother, she is passionate about encouraging and equipping women to trust in God, face their greatest fears, and live with hope, especially in the midst of difficult circumstances. When she is not blogging at The Rescued Letters or speaking at women’s conferences and events, Heather loves to make the most of everyday moments such as cooking for her husband and son, brainstorming all the possible ways to organize Legos and superheroes, checking out way too many library books, or unashamedly indulging in her love for all things Disney. Heather is a regular contributor to Journey magazine and the author of Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown and Determined: Living Like Jesus in Every Moment.
Statement of Faith
I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior at the NC Baptist Assembly Fort Caswell Retreat Center when I was twelve years old. My husband, son, and I are members of a North Carolina church within the Southern Baptist Convention and my personal beliefs affirm the doctrinal statements found within the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; Psalm 19:7-13; Psalm 119; Matthew 24:35; Matthew 5:18; John 17:17
Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; Psalm 139:1-12; Isaiah 6:1-7; Psalm 136; I John 4:8, 16; Romans 8:14-16
Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9; John 1:1-5; Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 1:1-3, 2:18, 4:14,15; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 17:14, 19:11-16
The Holy Spirit
John 14:16, 17; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:12; John 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:22-25
Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23
Ephesians 2:8, 9; Romans 6:23; John 14:6; Romans 5:1, 8:1, 38, 39; Titus 3:5; John 3:16; Ephesians 1:13
2 Peter 3:18; Romans 8:28, 29; 1 Peter 2:2-3; Hebrews 10:24, 25; Romans 12:1, 2
John 3:16; John 5:24; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:1; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 20-22