I’d love to speak at your Christian women’s event and offer Biblical encouragement, inspirational pep talks, and practical tools for courageous living.
Heather is a natural teacher with a passion for learning, knowing, and teaching God’s Word that touches your heart. She does a great job making connections throughout the Bible to solidify what the Lord wants us to know.
-K. Knight, Event Attendee
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- November 2016: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church Ladies Banquet, Raleigh NC | testimony
- January 2017: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC| testimony
- June 2017: Emmaus Baptist Church Embrace Fellowship, Pittsboro NC
- July-August 2017: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church, Summer Bible Study Series, Raleigh NC | Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown
- January 2018: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC | session keynote
- February 2018: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church M.O.M.S., Raleigh NC
- March 2018: Connection Ministries, Raleigh NC
- April 2018: Unity Baptist Church Ladies Luncheon, Youngsville NC | keynote
- June 4, 2018: Camp Oak Hill Staff Training
- September 8, 2018: Women’s Retreat, Harman Memorial Baptist Church, Grundy VA
- October 2, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Jacksonville FL | keynote
- October 7, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Woodstock GA | keynote
- November 5, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Nashville TN | keynote
- November 9, 2018: She Found Joy National Tour, Raleigh NC | panel
- November 10, 2018: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church Ladies Banquet, Raleigh NC | keynote
2019 Speaking Engagements:
- January 25-27, 2019: CLUB Ministries Retreat, Blowing Rock NC | testimony & workshop leader
- February 15, 2019: Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church M.O.M.S., Raleigh NC
- March 2, 2019: Freedom Biker Church Biker B.A.B.E.S. Women’s Conference, Clayton NC | session keynote
- May 4, 2019: Brentwood United Methodist Church Woven Women’s Conference, Brentwood TN
- June 27, 2019: Camp Oak Hill
Sample Speaking Topics:
Battling Anxiety with Biblical Truth
Combining tangible tools with Biblical truths to feel better and live our lives well. We’ll look at what God says about anxiety and then we’ll discover the one detail I learned from my yoga-teaching days that forever changed the way I viewed God’s breath. And yes, the breath matters when it comes to battling anxiety. I’ve made a living teaching others how to cope with anxiety and as someone living with a terminal disorder, I’ve also struggled with it personally. When you combine the physical strategies I’ve learned along the way with the power of God’s Word, the battle with anxiety can be waged with confidence. You’ll leave with Biblical encouragement for dealing with anxiety as well as practical tools for managing it.
Pack Lightly, Get Ready, and Go
What one non-Pinteresty verse teaches us about God’s will for our lives in seasons of motherhood. We’ll meet a group of believers who were asked to put on their big-girl-britches even though they didn’t like their story at the moment. After we apply God’s instructions for them to struggles that every mother faces, we’ll walk away with hope and encouragement for the day-to-day blessings and challenges that come with the task of raising humans. *this message specifically crafted for MOPS and MOMS groups.
Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown
God’s plan for the woman who knows the battle is coming but refuses to leave the front line. The phone call in the middle of the night. The diagnosis you don’t think you can face. The ministry you don’t think you are strong enough for. The unknown beckons for us all, but it doesn’t have to be paralyzing. As we dive into the opening chapter of Joshua together, we’ll discover seven promises and three commands from God for courageous living. The good news is that the wisdom found here will prepare you for the battle, but it will also prepare you for His blessing. Hope lies on the other side of our readiness.
Becoming a Legacy-Making Woman
Three lessons we can apply today from an everyday woman who made Biblical history. If you have a pulse, you have a purpose. And if you love Jesus, you’ll want to leave a legacy for Him with your time here on earth. As we get to know one of my favorite women of the Bible, we’ll confront the lie that we are not worthy of influence and we’ll follow her lead to make a kingdom impact for Christ.
Talk with me about creating a custom and personalized message specific to your group’s needs.
Biblically sound, poured over in prayer and certain to challenge you to dig deeper into your faith walk, Heather took us on a journey through the first few chapters of Joshua. The journey began with her own story, which is so very inspirational, but she invited us in to make it our own “march” in discovering the courage available to each of us as individuals through the love and promises of our Heavenly Father.
K. Cole, Event Attendee
To receive my speaker information packet or to inquire about having me come speak at your women’s event, please fill out the form below and allow 24 hours for a response.
*Note: Because of my medical condition, I do not currently fly, but am happy to discuss alternative traveling arrangements with you. I am in central North Carolina.
Heather M. Dixon is an author, speaker, and Bible teacher who understands living with a story that is not easy. Diagnosed with an incurable and terminal genetic disorder that she inherited from her mother, she is passionate about encouraging and equipping women to trust in God, face their greatest fears, and live with hope, especially in the midst of difficult circumstances. When she is not blogging at The Rescued Letters or speaking at women’s conferences and events, Heather loves to make the most of everyday moments such as cooking for her husband and son, brainstorming all the possible ways to organize Legos and superheroes, checking out way too many library books, or unashamedly indulging in her love for all things Disney. Heather is the author of Ready: Finding the Courage to Face the Unknown and a regular contributor to Journey magazine. Heather’s second Bible study, Determined: Living Like Jesus in Every Moment, will be available in April 2019.
Statement of Faith
I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior at the NC Baptist Assembly Fort Caswell Retreat Center when I was twelve years old. My husband, son, and I are members of a North Carolina church within the Southern Baptist Convention and my personal beliefs affirm the doctrinal statements found within the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; Psalm 19:7-13; Psalm 119; Matthew 24:35; Matthew 5:18; John 17:17
Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; Psalm 139:1-12; Isaiah 6:1-7; Psalm 136; I John 4:8, 16; Romans 8:14-16
Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9; John 1:1-5; Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 1:1-3, 2:18, 4:14,15; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 17:14, 19:11-16
The Holy Spirit
John 14:16, 17; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:12; John 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:22-25
Genesis 1:27; Psalms 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23
Ephesians 2:8, 9; Romans 6:23; John 14:6; Romans 5:1, 8:1, 38, 39; Titus 3:5; John 3:16; Ephesians 1:13
2 Peter 3:18; Romans 8:28, 29; 1 Peter 2:2-3; Hebrews 10:24, 25; Romans 12:1, 2
John 3:16; John 5:24; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:1; Acts 1:9-11; Revelation 20-22